Tuesday, May 23, 2006

"An angel at the salon?"



My daughter and I went get our hair cut tonight and I had to bring the boys with us, which I was sure would be difficult. I had them sit up front while we got our hair washed and cut. It took a long time because I had to have an additional treatment done to my hair as it was extremely dry. I kept having my stylist check on the boys...I could see my daughter getting her hair cut by my brother in law's girlfriend and she could keep her eye on them from where her station was. I was somewhat relax but still waiting for that moment....that moment never occurred.

Well, I went up to the counter to pay.....hoping to get out of there before they came unglued...which I was sure would happen soon!!!!!! I was waiting in line and this older woman ( I think she was one of the educators....it was a beauty school) came up to me and put her hand on my shoulder and said "I just have to tell you that you have the most wonderful kids". She went on to say something about how well they behaved. In my head I am thinking "Yeah they are great kids but sometimes they just drive me bonkers"....instead I thanked her as I held back a tear.

If you read my post yesterday you know that I was not praising my daughter at all...I was thoroughly frustrated with her. I was sure I was doing everything wrong because I was not getting through to her. When this woman said that to me I felt guilty for being so frustrated. Then as we drove home and I contemplated what had just happened, I thought she must have been an angel....or I imagined the whole thing...you see by this point the kids were in the back seat coming unglued!!!! I was back to reality!

God came to me tonight through this woman to reassure me that I am a good parent and it isn't always going to be easy but He is there. I think as parents, when we get frustrated we immediately run to our friend or our spouse.....but as a few of my friends have shown me recently, I need to remember to go to God first.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God" Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment