Sunday, May 21, 2006

"A Legacy"

Today was the day that we gathered up north for my Grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. My Grandma had brought a couple of their wedding pictures. I really do not think I have seen them before. They were so cool..quite the couple. He quite dapper in his suit and her a picture of pure beauty.

When Grandpa was wheeled in the room where we gathered they brought him to the table where the cake and the wedding pictures were displayed. Within a few minutes tears were rolling down his cheeks. I have never seen my Grandpa cry before. I even had tears...as did many of us. Not sure what his emotions were...joy or sadness....probably both.

It was really great that so many were able to come. I think the final count was 44...some were unable to attend-we missed you! I remember the Christmas gatherings when I was young and I thought that 25 was a lot in one room. What a legacy....4 generations were in that room today. The 3rd generation is still having babies...2 babies due Nov/Dec 2006. There is no doubt in about 15 years the 4th generation will be giving way to the next generation. We shared memories and realized many memories were the same in different generations.

Family is so important. Make the time to see them....mend those broken relationships, share your joys and your burdens and most important share some time together....I promise you will never regret it.

God's Blessings to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your grandfather. It sounds like you have had wonderful memories. It's so great to hear about families that really want to spend time together. You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete