Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Garage Sale


First of all, let me apologize for not writing in awhile. When we got back from the camping trip...which was fun by the way...I have managed to keep myself very busy. I have been very busy getting ready for a garage sale.

We are having a sale the end of this week...I did not realize how much stuff we had. Where was I storing it..one friend asked. I do not know...I think that is why my house was always a mess. It is very therapeutic to purge items that you have no need for. It is amazing to me how much one person, let alone a family of five can accumulate in such a short period of time. What a waste of money.

The last few years, I have been realizing life is not about stuff, the size of your house, the car you drive or how you earn a living...it is more about serving God, caring for your family and helping others. I hope by getting rid of all this clutter that my family and I can enjoy life a little more and instead of everytime the kids want to go somewhere...and I say...no, "I need to clean the house"...I can say "sure let's go to the park" or whatever it is.

A little side note....my daughter was a LITTLE difficult today while I was working in the garage and tonight when she said her prayer before bed she said..."Dear God, thank you for the beautiful day, all the food, I was naughty today but I don't care and I did not like it............Amen.
Not sure if she was apologizing or what but it was cute and thought I would share that.

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment