Wednesday, January 24, 2007

"Everything to Me"



Okay, so I was trying to expain to someone the other day how a relationship with God has changed my life and I was struggling to find the words. I went on to say that I grew up knowing about God and believing but never really felt I had a relationship with Him. This person went on to ask how is it different? Of course the sap that I am began to cry and talk about how God help me out of a seriously dark pit...and it wasn't until I let God be in control that I began to realize what He was to me....then today I stumbled onto the lyrics to a song by the group Avalon (love them by the way) that I have heard and known for awhile but never really paid attention to the words...well the lyrics totally express what God is to me....More than the stories I have learned , he is real in my life and I feel His presence in all that I am and do.....I am so glad for that! I thought I would share the lyrics with you!

Everything To Me

By Avalon

I grew up in Sunday school

I memorized the Golden rule

And how Jesus came to set the sinner free

I know the story inside out

I can tell you all about The path that led Him up to Calvary

But ask me why He loves me

And I don't know what to say

But I'll never be the same

Because he changed my life when He became

Everything to me

He's more than a story

more than words on a page of history

He's the air that I breath

The water I thirst for

And the ground beneath my feet

He's everything, everything to me

We're living in uncertain times

And more and more I find that i'm aware

Of just how fragile life can be

I want to tell the world I found

A love that turned my life around

They need to know that they can taste and see

Now everyday I'm praying

Just to give my heart away

I want live for Jesus

So that someone else might see that he is

Everything to me

He's more than a story

more than words on a page of history

He's the air that I breath

The water I thirst for

And the ground beneath my feet

He's everything

And looking back over my life at the end

I'll go to meet you saying you've been

You're everything to me

You're more than a story

More than words on a page of history

You're everything to me

You're more than a story

More than words on a page of history

You're the air that I breath

The water I thirst for

And the ground beneath my feet

You're everything to me

Lord, you're everything to me

3 comments:

  1. OH YES I KNOW THAT SONG. IT IS KIND OF COOL FOR BECAUSE WHEN I MADE THE DECISION TO LIVE MY LIFE FOR THE LORD I WENT TO A GREG LONG CONCERT IN PARK RAPIDS HERE AND HE IS PART OF THE AVALON NOW. MY PASTORS WIFE (JOYCE FROM MY JEWELRY PARTY) WAS LIKE HIS SECOND MOM AND SPEAKS SO HIGHLY OF HIM. JOYCE IS AN AMAZING PERSON. SHE HAS BELIEVED IN ME FROM THE BEGINNING. I COULD HEAR THIS SONG AS I READ IT AND YES IT IS A GREAT SONG.

    I HAVE BEEN INTO CASTING CROWNS LATELY. KIRK GOT ME THEIR LATEST CD FOR ME ON MY BIRTHDAY AND YOU CANNOT PRY ME FROM IT.

    I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOU STORY ONE DAY OF WHY AND HOW YOU BECAME TO HAVE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LORD. IT IS ALWAY SUCH A TESTIMONY TO TELL OTHERS OUR STORIES.

    HAVE A GREAT DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great lyrics. I feel the same way. Thanks for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Jen. I guess I've never truly listened to the words, either and they do capture perfectly what He is.

    You don't need to have the perfect words to say. You shine the light of Jesus through your sweet self. Keep planting seeds that way and let God do the rest.

    ReplyDelete