Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Just call me scatter brain!

So, I have been feeling lately that I just cannot get anything accomplished....I tend to start a task only to get sidetracked with something else...I know it sounds like motherhood!

But why can't I have it all together? Why can't my days go like this:

Wake up and have quiet time with God, Shower and get ready, Wake the kids cheerfully, Get them breakfast all while I move the laundry, swish clean all 3 toilets, manage the clutter, do the dishes, drink my coffee, work out, make the beds, check the backpacks..and all the while I am cheerful, full of undivided attention to each of my children and husband and the house is in perfect order.

Instead my days go like this:

Wake up groggy, lucky to get the shower..let alone brush my teeth, kids have breakfast all over the kitchen, tv is too loud "don't you kids remember no tv in the morning", flushing toilets the kids forgot, scrambling to get the kids out the door while tripping over everything on the kitchen floor, which I do not think has been scrubbed in nearly 5 weeks (it has been spot cleaned so do not call the Centers for Disease Control) and piling the dishes into an already overflowing sink.

Yikes, I keep saying I want clutter free living and order to our days and it is almost getting worse.

When I am not busy I get lazy and can't get everything done and when I am busy I am too busy to get everything done!

I need some serious motivation and a way to teach my family how to pitch in! Side note: my husband does a lot around the house and is by no means contributing to the chaos.

That is really all I have to say today! I guess that was just really on my mind. I would love to hear your comments on how you all keep it together!

Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. It's really quite easy. I just wiggle my nose and everything gets done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY, I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. IT IS SO HARD TO BALANCE THINGS. YOU REALLY DO A GREAT JOB OF BEING A MOTHER AND A WIFE. I BET IF YOU COULD TAKE A DAY AND JUST SIT BACK AND WATCH YOURSELF, YOU ARE PUTING FIRST WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN YOUR LIFE RIGHT NOW AND THAT IS GOD AND YOUR FAMILY. LIFE IS SO HECTIC AT TIMES AND SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE I AM GETTING NOTHING ACCOMPLISHED, ALL I WANT TO DO WHEN I AM HOME IS SIT ON THE COUCH AND REST FROM THE HUSTLE AND BUSTLE OF THE DAY. IT IS THE ATTITUDE WHILE THE BUSYNESS IS TAKING PLACE THAT AFFECTS THOSE AROUND YOU. THAT IS NOT ALWAYS EASY EITHER, IT IS NICE TO HAVE OUR HUSBANDS TO HELP PICK UP OUR SLACK. LIKE YOU EXPLAINED IN ONE OF YOUR PAST WRITINGS, WHICH I WILL CARRY WITH ME ALWAYS,YOU EXPLAINED HOW YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND TOGETHER MAKE UP THAT PROVERBS 31 WOMAN. WOW! WHAT A REVELATION, WHAT A RELIEF THAT I DON'T HAVE TO DO IT ALONE. THANK GOD WE HAVE OUR HUSBANDS THAT WANT TO MAKE OUR DAY EISIER. I LOVE YOUR INSIGHT ON THINGS AND GOD IS GOING TO REWARD YOU FOR IT! YOU ARE REACHING PEOPLE AND SHOWING THEM HOW GOD IS PART OF YOUR LIFE AND HOW IT CHANGES THE WAY YOU DO THINGS. YOU ARE GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are totally not alone. This morning was one day that I was seriously thinking I'd like to run away and leave the children with someone a bit more responsible than me!
    Thanks for visiting my blog this morning and for the info on earth-friendly cleaning products. I'll keep my eyes open when I move.
    Cheers,
    MicheleinNZ
    www.philoxenos.info

    ReplyDelete