Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"Be Still and Know..."


"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." - Psalm 46:10
Over the past few months this verse has been placed in front of me on numerous ocassions. I am beginning to think that God has been doing this for a reason. I do not sit still well...I usually need to be doing something. I am trying hard to start a habit of "Being still" each day. I admit it is not easy. It is a lot easier to sleep a little bit longer in the morning or to turn in a little earlier each night. It is easy to just lay our petitions before Him each day and move on without praising and thanking Him and just as importantly listening to Him. It is in those quiet moments we are able to hear Him. It is still very much a learning process for me, but I feel as though I am learning and understanding a little more each day that no matter what that day brings...God will bring me through it. I have found that when I take the time to "Be Still" especially in the quiet of the early morning my day seems to go more smoothly and I am able to find joy in just about anything...even laundry. The mounds of laundry, piling dishes, bills to pay may be your storm or maybe it is something far more personal....but God is there to carry you through! That alone brings me such joy!

1 comment: