Tuesday, June 05, 2007

"Bloom where you are planted"

Have you ever heard that phrase "Bloom where you are planted"? That has really hit home to me in the last few weeks. Then I stumbled upon Aimee's blog called Living, Learning and Loving Simply (check my side bar for the link) and her post about "Bloom where you are planted."


So often I am looking back...at all the woulda, coulda, shoulda's....and just as often looking too far ahead and trying to map it all out. Remember, I am the control freak planner.
I wonder if I would just plant myself in the here and now, what might happen? We all know that we cannot go back and we cannot jump ahead and have it all scoped out. Maybe if we "Bloom where we are planted"...walking daily with our Lord, watering ourselves with His word..we would start to really grow...putting down real roots...in our daily lives as we build relationships and serve God.
How will you begin to "Bloom where you are planted"?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my place.

    We had a sermon at church titled "Bloom Where You are Planted" Isn't it funny how God says the same thing to so many people at one time?

    I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about...stop complaining about where you sometimes get planted.

    That's mine.

    Great blog!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete