Thursday, May 14, 2009

Overhaulin'

I think there is a show by that name...not sure. I am in need of an overhaul. In what way? Just about everyway. I have been feeling there just isn't enough hours in the day to get everything done I want or need to for that matter. Some of the problem is poor time management, too much time on the computer, overcommitting myself and many other things that steal my time. I desire so much to be a better mom, more involved, more productive, a better wife...this not to say that anyone in my family is saying that there is something wrong. When those stressful moments hit with the kids or just daily life I find myself losing it too quickly, saying no to my kids far to much because it may affect me and my agenda. I feel like I hit these valleys far too often lately and frankly, I just don't like it.

So, I am kind of in searching mode. What do I change, tweak or completely overhaul. The hardest part is knowing that it will take time to form new habits. Things like, getting out for a walk or getting up early to get showered and have time with God before the kids wake. Probably the most difficult is staying away from the computer. I could sit at it for hours. I mean hours! It is my escape.

So where do I begin? I am not really sure...baby steps I guess. What I do know is I desire to be better at putting God and my family first.

2 comments:

  1. It is just part of the human condition to fall short of your own expectations; there is absolutely no way around it! Once we can accept this, then we have permission to forgive ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hear you! I swear there are never enough hours in the day. Just when I think I got ahead I fall back again!

    ReplyDelete