Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I have become more of a home body these days. I look back when my older 3 kids were 5 and under and although I am sure the days were sometimes long and hard I cannot help but long for those simple days at home. Playing with kids, coloring, making snacks, reading stories all while moving a load of laundry and unloading the dishwasher. The evening would come and hubby and I would get the kids bathed and ready for bed right after dinner. read stories to them in our bed. (I still sometimes read to the big kids 12, 10 & 8 in my bed) Off to bed and hubby & I get some relax time.

It seems this is where I belong. I am finding joy in it all over again with a little one around again. Seems I can wake up tired, feeling lazy and then I get some laundry moving, big kids off to school, make a plan for dinner, play with Jessica and I am in my groove. So much so that other things I have to do kinda get put on the back burner.

I love rediscovering what brings me joy. I can feel I have lost it and go looking high and low for it at the mall in that new outfit, lipstick or purse only to be disappointed. I maybe am stuck at home with a sick kid that results in my cancelling a coffee date or not attending a meeting at church. While those things are good for me too it just reminds me where I belong...building and maintaining relationships at home and realizing that is something no amount of money can buy.

Life is busy around here these days but I so cherish the quiet days even if few. Sometimes we designate it a no playdate day and just be together. Friday there was no school so we put the tree up and decorated it. It was calm, the kids had fun...special memory. Celebrate the small things, that is what they will remember!

Hope you find some "Home Sweet Home" !

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen. Thanks for this reminder. Sometimes I find myself going crazy being home all the time.

    So glad you found me. I'm deeply sorry for your loss. May the Lord continue to bring peace and healing to your heart.

    By the way, ARE YOU GOING TO CUPCAKE??? If so, I can't wait to meet you.

    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way and it's a security, being at home. But I don't think it's always bad- it feels right, you know?

    Thank you for stopping by today. Hope all is well. :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that is so the way we all feel once in awhile I think!

    ReplyDelete