Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Daisy

I have relied on the daisy many times in my life. "he loves me, he loves me not; he loves me, he loves me not..." A school age crush, teenage romance and even the love of my life while we dated. Sometimes it wasn't love I was trying to figure out but life...which job to apply for, which college to attend, when to begin a family...in all those times I relied on the daisy, whether it was physically in my hand or not.


The last 2 months, with no daisy physically in my hands I have done the same. I sit with the music on, "He loves me..." I stare out the window as the tears fall, "He loves me not..." I hold onto His word with what little strength I can, "He loves me..." I hold my flattened belly "He loves me not..." This would play out each day and often in the darkness of night {of my soul} over and over and over again. Pausing long enough at "He loves me not..." to crush my heart with lies.

I begged Him to lift the weight that I could not. I begged Him to come to my rescue. I begged Him to breath the Truth back into my heart and to fill the emptiest place I have ever been.


He is... then as if He had a daisy in His hand, I hear "I love you..." a petal falls, "I love her..." another falls.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jen, He does. HE DOES. He loves you both, so, so much. This is beautiful and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful writing. Let the truth sink in. Good words.

    ReplyDelete