Wednesday, July 21, 2010

And I Know...

My head is full of so much
some of which I feel guilty about
the questions & doubt that still surface
I get through the days, I am doing okay
really better than that, but it feels weird
His words that I have often spoken to
others in confidence and in peace
even relied on in the past for my own comfort
have caused me to wonder what good comes of this
often difficult to grasp His sovereignty over all things

" And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28 (NLT)

I want to believe these words, honestly I do
I think I have seen glimpses of the good
but I don't want to presume I know how He will make this good
wanting it to saturate my heart
I read it again and again, each time it
takes me back along the path I have walked
like photographs of where He's been with me
some painful, some joyful
in the deepest sorrow and despair
I sought Him {only Him}
I know He carried me through then
even when it feels like I cannot quite reach His Hand
He is bringing me through now
He and I are better because of it
and that I know, is so good!

1 comment: