Sunday, October 31, 2010

How Precious did that Grace Appear

I never really got the concept of grace.



We were high school sweethearts. Even before that first date I knew...at the age of 17...he was the one I was going to marry. I am sure I am not the first to be so sure. Right, ladies?



He made me feel so important and so special. He took care of me and my heart. After 4 years of waiting we married. I had it all planned out, every detail. Only we forgot to invite the most important guest. Thankfully, the Lord is good at wedding crashing. I may not have realized it then but He did. {Grace}.



We built our life, started our family...1, 2 and then 3. We did not include Him...but He was there. {Grace}



Soon it became clear this life we had built together was crumbling...the foundation was weak. We almost lost everything. We were ready to bulldoze the whole thing. He wouldn't allow it. {Grace}



Slowly, we rebuilt, rediscovered and reconnected with each other and Him. {Grace}



Soon we would endure a series of loss, while adding one more to our family, we never imagined and each time I feared we (our marriage) wouldn't survive. Only it did, it has because of the rock on which we stand. {Grace}



How precious did that Grace appear.



Emily over at Chatting at the Sky has spent the entire month of October talking about Grace. Proof that it cannot be summed up in a dictionary definition. As this series comes to a close she has asked us to share some words on Grace...be sure to visit her blog, sit down with your favorite coffee or tea and read up...you will be blessed.

2 comments:

  1. So good - I've read several posts from women who married young . . . and then grace. This is lovely. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete