Sunday, November 28, 2010

Changed by His Glory

Thankfulness looks different to me this year.
  • It has been a hard year. I can reflect though and see all the moments that were grace filled and ordained by Him.

  • While I am of course thankful for food, shelter, clothes, vehicles, jobs, even a good haircut and an occasional mocha and a french manicure...I would trade it all in to have the story {my story} be different. But it is His story.

  • I am so thankful for the moments before anything went wrong that God placed it on my heart to pray for her life each and every day. Not only did it get me through those fear filled weeks, but it also began deepening my relationship with Him, one that I struggled to have but had desired for a long time.

  • I am thankful for the community of people in our lives that surrounded us and took care of us when we could not. The meals, prayers, company when I could not be alone, the ones who remembered special days with a card or plant and special gifts that help us remember.

  • I am thankful for the wisdom and strength He gave me to ask and even demand things I had the right to have and do.

  • I am thankful for my husband, who put aside his grief to hold our family together when I was good for nothing but staring out the window. And for my children who kept going and growing and gave hugs when they did not know what else to do. For my 2 year old who reminds me nearly everyday that Abigail is with Jesus and that they are having so much fun. We have always told her Abigail is with Jesus but she tells us all the time what they are doing and what things look like. What a gift of peace.

  • Although this is not a club anyone would want to be a part of, I am so thankful for the connections and friendships I have made through this year because of loss. Someone else who gets it when you sit in a puddle of tears even more than 7 months later.

  • This journey has taught me so much about life. I have said before that I live differently now. I am forever changed and the opportunity for authentic relationships to build has been amazing both with Jesus and people on this earth. I live and love more deeply.

  • I am so thankful for God's beautiful creation. Nature is something to behold. I have come to find immense healing in the fact that if God can make this earth so beautiful despite the yuck than how could I ever doubt the beauty He can make from ashes.

  • I am thankful for the Hope we have in Christ and the promise of everlasting life...it helps to know that my babies and all who have gone before us are living that promise.

  • This year, the greatest blessing in disguise is being forever changed by His Glory.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful writing. I'm so proud of you, my dear friend, for enduring the journey you've taken unwillingly and emerging on the other side, closer to Him. Keep the faith girl...it's what shines the light on the dark paths we walk upon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, amazing connection children have to the other side. It must give you such hope to hear how Abigail is having such fun with Jesus... and to know that someday, you'll be with them.

    ReplyDelete