Thursday, February 17, 2011

Counting Gifts

So often thankfulness is forgotten in the big and the little things. What would it do for me, for us, for this world under Him to give thanks in all things. As insignificant as they may seem in the moment, those very things are working for good from Him.

Some have found thankfulness to come easy, but for me it has taken this journey through this life and all the places I have walked to come into this place of giving thanks in all circumstances. Yes in all. Sometimes I am blurred to the gifts right here, right now and He calls me to look to Him and it begins to spill out of me.

Even in the midst of regrets, despair, grief and frustration and even in the days that are filled with easy peasy, mundane experiences there are gifts and Joy can fill me and you!


Will you count gifts too, I dare you...to count One Thousand Gifts.



#1...warm sunshine penetrating the cold

#2...a multitude of verses of His love

#3...peaceful bedtime


#4...productive workdays

#5...friends who help in a pinch

#6...vehicles to get us where we need to go



#7...beautiful spring-like sunshine

#8...clean laundry

#9...faithful teachers of His Word




Thankfulness

O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
His steadfast love endures for ever!

Psalm 118:1



4 comments:

  1. You made me smile. :) Love your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! Love it! I just started mine this week, too. ARe you reading the book? It's wonderful. looking forward to reading more of your gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great attitude...and wonderful way to Glorify He who brings all good things.
    I count you as one of my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just came across your blog :) its sooo cue! you have some really good insight on your posts! xoxo cant wait to read more of what you write!

    ReplyDelete