Monday, November 14, 2011

Twenty Years



It is so hard to believe it has been twenty years since our first date.  I was sure even then we would be together forever. I dreamed big. When I remember, I am in awe that watching 90210 and heading to 50's Grill for dessert on November 14, 1991 would become all this.

I remember all these twenty years, nearly 16 of them married, how we grew together and grew apart. Now bound so tightly that as sure as I was back then, I am even more sure now this was written long ago.

We are not into big celebrations...I anticipate dinner at home, watching some football game everyone is talking about and running our kids to their practices. It may not be glamorous story but it is ours.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, you two lovebirds! What fun memories and assurance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiness shared in your 20 years together. {You are a doll now and also 20 years ago.}

    ReplyDelete