Thursday, February 02, 2012

Found

I've been feeling something is not quite right.  Deep in my bones I know.

My soul whispers it.

I want to freeze the night, the time when all is quiet and I can maybe hear.

Discerning has never been my strength, doubt has.  Even when the whisper is loud enough to be sure...I just don't know.

This longing seems big, seems impossible to fulfill; easier to ignore. Even run from.

Then it finds me; He does.

Subtly...so maybe I will discover it myself.  

His word spoken from sacred pages, through song, out of the mouths of those around me...like a shout.

I melt and if it were safe to drive knees down, teary eyes closed and hands raised...I would have.

All this hunger and thirst is not for this world, but for Him.


I wanna sit at your feet
drink from the cup in your hand
Lay back against and breath,
hear your heart beat

This love is so deep,
it is more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming

The More I Seek You~Kari Jobe


3 comments:

  1. YOur words here are so beautiful ... Like water on a hot day. I feel you. This longing isn't one of the things of Earth. It's deeper. It's indewlt. It's bigger. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how He speaks to us, subtly but so obvious to our own heart. It comforts and reassures us that it is directly for us. Beautiful piece today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, I know this longing well. C.S. Lewis once said that our "best havings are wantings..." for it is in that yearning that we move closer and closer to our good God.

    Lovely, Jen. Thank you for your prayers this week. Still just so...shattered.

    ReplyDelete