Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Marriage Letters: I Knew You Loved Me When...

Dear Greg,

I feel like I knew you loved me before you knew you loved me. A bit presumptive of me,  I know.  I cannot explain it but it is much like how I just felt we would find our way to each other even before our first date. I just knew.

I remember the first time you told me you loved me...It was our first Valentine's Day and our 3 month Anniversary of our first date.  You prepared fondue for us. I remember when I arrived at your house and on the table were 3 red roses with one of those little Mylar balloons on a stick. The balloon said I love you. I seem to remember as your parents were leaving for their own Valentine's dinner, that your mom wasn't too sure about that balloon.  LOL!  She was just looking out for you.

Your touch was so gentle and I can recall the jolt it gave me...sometimes all it took was the look in your eyes. I felt your love.

When the road was rough and we both struggled and even thought we might leave, you stayed.  For months as we sometimes barely spoke and rebuilt what had fallen...and continued to do life together. That is love. 

Your love for me shines through in all the ways you care for me and our children.  Be it by doing laundry, cleaning up vomit or extending grace when I've made mistakes.

Holding me while I birthed our 9 and 10 pound babies and even when the screen went still 3 times over and they went straight into the arms of Jesus. You've never left my side.  I know your love.

All my love,
Jen


Read all the Marriage Letters
His Job, Her Job
Patience
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1 Corinthians 13: 4-7



I am joining AmberSethJoy and Scott in a weekly series "Marriage Letters".  It doesn't matter if you blog or not, or even if you both write.  Maybe you hand write letters to each other. I pray these letters, mine and others encourage you in the daily joys and in the sometimes long hard days of our marriages. Join us?  Link up with Amber




3 comments:

  1. This letter made me smile -- love that you picked up on your future mother-in-law's thoughts about that little balloon! I'm not sure there's anything more beautiful than a couple staying together through heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you used "jolt," and those last lines just ripped my heart out. I'm sorry for your pain. I'm glad you've got a good man.

    ReplyDelete