Friday, March 23, 2012

Batman


We talk about it a lot.  Even nearly 2 years later. Heaven and her. It is often a tearful plea to bring her baby sister back here from there. Or how when we shop she always seems to find something Abigail needs. Really tiny baby shoes or a new blankie. I explain each time.  How we won't need shoes or a blankie in Heaven because it will be everything we could possible want or need, especially that we get to be with Jesus. She interjects, "and my baby sister.?" I reply "yes."

Yesterday she asked me "how do we get to Heaven, when we die? We fly?" I explained, "sort of...Jesus comes to take us to Heaven." She goes on "How can he lift us when we're so BIG and OLD?" I just sat thinking of how to respond and just said "He just can," She said, "like a superhero?" And before I could get a word in she says "At daycare we call my friend Mac, Batman."

2 comments:

  1. Oh how precious!Ivy calls heaven "Kevin" and said she wants to get sick so she can go to Kevin and see Poppal. We had a long talk after that one! :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the perspective, the faith, the simplicity of a little one. xoxo

    ReplyDelete