Monday, August 27, 2012

Delight

I come here at least for Just Write each week and I start but then I stop. I don't hit publish and often I don't even save the draft.  Sometimes the words never hit the white space of a page at all.

There have been lots of words but they seem best suited for the ears of the One who knows me best. So we talk.

I feel and think a lot of things that don't really fit in this modern, fast pace, suburban, I need more of this and that world. I pack it back in a box; put it on a shelf and live and move and breath like the rest.

In the quiet I return to my thoughts and I wrestle with desires that just don't quit.  I plan them, perfect them and strive to be them by morn.

The sun breaks; then reality, fatigue, chronic pain, schedules and lists take over. I struggle when I face parenting head-on and sometimes I just don't have all the answers and I do it wrong.

It defeats me and my God-Sized Dreams are tucked away for another day.  Dreams that have been born out of living, loving, and losing. Longings that have been a long time coming. Something more than nine to five.

With trepidation I step out, but wait for proper timing, His.

But I feel it near, that the time is coming to leap.



Delight yourself in the Lord, And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

Linking up with Heather for Just Write

2 comments:

  1. Often the joy is in the waiting. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes (a lot of times) I wish I would just keep things between He and I. I think I need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete