Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Hope and Hearts

I am sorry...
...but I don't see anything in the sac.

I said goodbye to my baby in a cold sterile operating room on my 32nd birthday.

I am sorry...
...but Baby B has no heartbeat.

I said goodbye to Baby B while I continued to grow Jessica for 19 more weeks.

I am sorry...
...but I don't see a heartbeat.

I said goodbye to Abigail Eden born still in the emergency room.

It is some of the most unimaginable pain and sorrow you can go through until you do and even then it doesn't seem real.  You feel alone. But I have hope...hope has been restored...because of my faith and the support of friends and family and The Missing Grace Foundation !

This Saturday, I will walk to honor and remember my babies, and all babies. I will walk with friends who are like family.  I will walk to raise awareness and funds for The Missing Grace Foundation who has been supporting families affected by miscarriage, stillbirth and infant loss for about 10 years.  The foundation opened the Center for G.R.A.C.E. in June 2011. The Center provides a place for families to attend a support group, receive grief counseling and so much more.  A gift shop is available with items to help you remember your baby, or to give as gifts to those you know who may have lost a baby.

Please watch this video to learn more about the Minnesota Hope and Hearts Run this Saturday, September 8 in Coon Rapids, MN.

If you feel called and are able to donate to this amazing organization please visit my fundraising page where you can give and read a bit more about our family's story. Fundraising is down and they could use your help more than ever to keep this valuable resource available. Any amount you can give is a true gift.

Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. That had to have been very painful for you, I am sorry. My daughter had identical twin girls, in one sac, it is said to be pretty unique and dangerous as they can get the cords twisted.
    They were born weighing 4pds each.
    They are eight and heading in to third grade. Her first baby was 7 weeks early and weighed in at 2pds 11 oz, she is now 13 and heading into eighth grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, friend - that pain is something I haven't faced and cannot imagine the pain of one loss....my prayers are with you.

    I will be praying for you this weekend as well. We are not able to finacially give at this time - but what an amazing cause if we were!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jen I couldn't catch my breath reading your words. I hope this week has been a good one for you, I hope the weekend was everything you wished.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete