Tuesday, September 25, 2012

You're Invited...Abide in It

They've each each chosen an equal number for their teams and I stand here one of the last two waiting to be chosen.  I don't really care which one picks me, just someone pick me.  Wondering if whomever gets stuck with me will outwardly groan ; because surely I will be the last.

Even when I am chosen, I cannot always see it. When it doesn't go my way I exclaim, "I did not sign up for this." 
I blame myself for those events.  I believe the lies that I am the only one who did not get it right, that is hurting in this life and that I am not good enough.

But that whisper comes when I am least expecting it.  The lies shout and pummel me over and over with such force.  But in the stillness and quiet the whisper speak over it if I let it. That is the whisper of God...


But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
1 Peter 2:9

I don't always believe it...sometimes in that moment I hear the whisper I can believe it. Then I am tossed back out into this world and it is so loud.

So I retreat to the quiet so I can hear it again.


...fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.         Isaiah 43:1

It seems so simple yet I often forget what it means to be chosen, to be His. How can I sit an abide in this? That I have been chosen by Him.  Even when I feel like I am drowning, when the dark seems longer than light and even when life seems to crumble before me and especially when my own actions are sinful. He still chose me.

I don't have to prove myself over and over again...even when I fail or I hurt...He chose me long, long ago...He's invited me.  Even if I don't RSVP.

No comments:

Post a Comment