Saturday, October 20, 2012

Days 18-21: Five Minute Friday: Look

Allowing this to serve as days 18-21 as it has been full and I've been a little under the weather.  Thanks for the grace.


She is four and she still tip toes in, without immediate notice. Scales the side of our not so low to the ground king size bed. Nestles her way into the middle and drifts off to sleep as if there were no interruptions.

I often fail to sleep well after that. I used to be insistent on keeping her in her own bed once she was done nursing as a toddler. The days have swiftly sailed and I admit I miss them deeply.

Exhausted the next day, often. But I spend the night when she visits, watching.

Looking by the light of my cell phone to make sure I don't miss a moment of her growing.



Five Minute Friday




I am writing for 31 Days of Finding My Way Home Again...as part of The Nester's  31 Days writing challenge.

Read all my 31 Days posts here

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful. And I get that feeling so much. So much.

    ReplyDelete