Friday, October 05, 2012

Day 5: Five Minute Friday: Welcome

There may be...

  • Hand prints on the windows and mirrors
  • Dirty dishes in the sink
  • Paper piles on the counter
  • Homework on the dining room table and backpacks on the dining room floor
  • Barbies on a kitchen chair
  • Toy food in our fridge
  • Clean laundry in baskets and on our beds
  • Dirty laundry in hampers, on floors, underneath beds, behind doors, in closets and sometimes in the actual laundry room
  • Dust on surfaces and bunnies in the corner
  • Beds unmade 

We will welcome you just the same.



I am writing for 31 Days of Finding My Way Home Again {and letting go of some of the perfect} as part of The Nester's  31 Days writing challenge.

Read all my 31 Days posts here



I am also linking up to Lisa Jo's Five Minute Friday
Five Minute Friday

2 comments:

  1. Sweet and simple, I love it! I think about going to friends houses (both as a kid and now) and what makes you feel welcome isn't a clean living room or a spotless kitchen. It's the people.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete