Saturday, October 06, 2012

Day 6: In the Kitchen

I haven't been able to spend this much time in the kitchen in a very long time. Mostly time, but also it triggers some memories from a time of deep grieving. But today, this week I am facing those feelings. I was worried this first week home, it would be easy to sit in front the TV in my pajamas. I was so sure it would happen that way, I gave myself some grace and planned on it. I knew I needed some rest before jumping into major projects and routines around home. The opposite has happened.  I have cooked dinner almost everyday of the last 7, mostly from scratch.  The exception was that we did pizza at church on Wednesday and hubby made pancakes Friday evening while I was gone. Pancakes are his thing anyway.

I commented to my husband today while prepping veggies for our chicken soup, that except the bag of salad greens and a couple onions {which were still edible} we are now out of fresh veggies. This is noteworthy! I buy fresh produce with good intentions but often I am tossing much of it into the compost pile before running out to the grocery store for more.

It feels good to not waste and feed my family well.


I made homemade chicken soup, and then got reacquainted with my KitchenAid to make bars for church on Sunday and Gluten-free oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for my family...did you know cookies are the easier thing to make gluten free?, especially if you love oatmeal







I am writing for 31 Days of Finding My Way Home Again as part of The Nester's  31 Days writing challenge.

Read all my 31 Days posts here

No comments:

Post a Comment