Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 13: We're Human and Super Busy

It has been 6 days since I've written anything. It doesn't mean I did not cook but it doesn't mean I did either. It was a beyond busy week. Juggling sports, school conferences, meetings etc.

Last Monday you will recall I pre-made our thin pizza crust  for Tuesday's homemade pizza. Then we had pizza night at church Wednesday...kids don't turn down pizza you know!

Thursday hubby pulled something together for the family while I went to our sophomore's school conferences...an hour and a half later I admit I made my way to Chick-Fil-A for a first time try. Not bad!

Friday evening was multi-grain pasta with italian sausage and marina sauce...no veggie (again being honest) because by the time we remembered we cannot just microwave (microwave died) our frozen veggie the rest of dinner was ready...some opted for salad and/or fruit.

Last night we headed out for a belated bday dinner at Applebees for our 16 yo son. It was a night off from cooking!

Today went differently...I put 5 pounds of beef roast with Rustic Tuscan seasoning in the slow cooker at 7:30 this morning (go me!) and hubby (go him!) added the potatoes (Trader Joe's Organic Yukon Gold) and carrots (Whole Foods Organic Bulk Carrots) to the mix after church and at 4:30 our ever growing family (meaning the oldest has a girlfriend) gathered together around the table for good old fashioned pot roast and salad dinner.

There are no pictures and it wasn't always super wholesome but we are human and sometimes you just make work what works for the moment (or most of a week) and it's okay.



I am joining The Nester for #31Days (or #31ishDays) of writing in October

No comments:

Post a Comment