Sunday, October 06, 2013

Day 6: Comfort Food: Meat and Potatoes

Today was pretty quiet actually. We went out early this morning to fight the risk of a mist, a 5 year old with a low grade fever and a 15 year old with recurring hives (that decided to return on his face during our photo shoot) to get our family photos done and then it was a relaxing afternoon. We just needed to have dinner by 5-ish so my 14 year old could go to 3 on 3 basketball.


I did not have a real plan today. Though it is not always necessary if you have a well stocked freezer and pantry.

We opted for chicken and potatoes and a vegetable.

I began by boiling my potatoes.


And cooking the chicken...beginning with my trusty coconut oil and Rustic Tuscan seasoning.























Then I cooked up some french green beans I mentioned in another post. I even made gravy! It was devoured by all.





I am joining The Nester for #31Days of writing in October

No comments:

Post a Comment